I’ve recently completed this year Ubisoft’s Game Lab competition, pitting 17 undergrad teams from all universities in Quebec in a battle to build the best game prototype possible in 10 weeks. There were a LOT of constraints required for the prototypes to meet, such as:
- Gameplay must include at least 2 systems that regulate themselves and interact with one another
- Gameplay must include at least 3 mechanics that interact with both systems
- Gameplay must include a physics element
- Gameplay must include an AI element
- Must include checkpoints
- Must include a progression curve in mechanics complexity
That was one hell of a journey, but I’m very proud of what my team and I were able to accomplish with DÉUSTRÖM.
Check it out on its project page!